XP Tips Blog
XP Efficiency Tips
XP Performance Tips
XP Appearance Tips
XP Security Tips
XP Problem Solving Tips
Add a Desktop Toolbar Menu to the XP TaskbarIf you have several applications open, your desktop shortcuts will be obscured. Minimizing open applications in order to access a desktop shortcut can be disruptive and time wasting. You can easily circumvent this problem by creating a desktop toolbar on your Windows XP taskbar.
Once your new toolbar is created, you can use it to access all of your desktop shortcuts, regardless of how many other windows you have open.
To create a Desktop toolbar:
1. Right-click on an open section of the taskbar, go to "Toolbars", and then click on "New Toolbar…" in the sub-menu.
2. In the "New Toolbar" window, select "Desktop" and then click "OK".
3. The new "Desktop" toolbar should now be visible on your taskbar. Click on it to access your desktop shortcuts.
To remove the Desktop toolbar:
1. Right-click on an open section of the taskbar, go to "Toolbars", and then click on "Desktop" to remove the tick.
2. The Desktop toolbar should disappear from the Taskbar.
© Brett M.Christensen, 2006 All Rights Reserved