I’ve been working as a software engineer for two years now. I am able to build any kind of SaaS/app/web completely on my own (and I have friends to build them with so I don’t have to do it alone).
I’ve been thinking about switching careers in order to learn more about different positions and roles. I’m thinking about becoming a marketing Data Analyst in order to learn about creating campaigns, analyzing data, and managing budgets.
Do you think it’s a good idea? I’m open about other roles/positions I haven’t thought about.
Pros o staying in software:
– I work remotely, so I have a lot of free time to work on side projects (and I do).
– I’m slowly scaling in the company I work for, so I’m learning more “managerial” or “structural” stuff.
– I earn a ton of money. (Way more than if I switch careers)
Cons of staying:
– I don’t have skills beyond software development (sales, marketing, etc).
– I don’t have any industry knowledge (being a programmer doesn’t give you that). I could never be an industry expert.